Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: Blackberry
My Carrier: WIND

How do the Java UI elements relate to the HTML ones?

I'm using a Javascript extension that runs a Browserfield. The extension does a add(browserfield) within a class taht extends MainScreen. This fills up the entire screen with the browserfield.

Is there a way to do this so it only fills up a part of the screen? I would like to have my header div show up above the browserfield. 

I'm fairly new to the Java UI stuff (hence using Webworks), so some detailed help would be nice. 

Retired
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: How do the Java UI elements relate to the HTML ones?

Hi kenhcwoo,

All of WebWorks is an app running inside a browserfield, so I don't see the usefulness of adding an extension to do the same thing...

In Javaland I believe there is a way to make the browserfield display with other controls at the same time, but I do not believe there is a way to have 2 browserfields at the same time.

I you want to have a header-div, why not just do it in HTML? (Keep in mind that this UI is quite annoying to deal with on non-touch devices. Fixed position headers offer a lot of headaches when you need to scroll all the way to the top to use them.)

1.Please resolve your thread by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button below the post which solved your problem!
2. If any post helps you please click the button below the post(s)
Developer
My Device: Blackberry
My Carrier: WIND

The extra browserfield is used to allow a user to visit to a server page which does oauth authentication. I am using an extension so that I don't redirect the entire app to another page because if a user wanders off, I cannot redirect the user back to the app. The extension allows me to keep the javascript in the app running while the user is looking at a page on the server.

The reason I would want to have a header is because I still want a way for a user to visually see a button that they can use to close the extra browserfield. Right now, the back button closes it but this isn't immediately obvious to the user.

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Rogers

Hi kenhcwoo,

I don't believe you can have two browserfields but you can probably have a java UI that will tell them to press the back key. You could also investigate using a childBrowser extension.

1.Please resolve your thread by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button below the post which solved your problem!
2. If any post helps you please click the button below the post(s)