Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: Torch 9800, Bold 9700
My Carrier: Movistar, Telenor
Accepted Solution

How does it really work?

If I understand it correctly then "eveything" I put in the folder I use to package gets packaged into the "bar" file.

The "bar" file is what starts the app and displays the "index.html".  This obviously implies that to get the start page displayed does not require an internet connection. If I also put "dependent" pages in the same folder they also seems to be "reachable" offline. How is this "internal" navigation within the "bar" file implemented?  Is it 100% transparent with using server access for the dependant pages. I know there is an alternative using the "appcache". The difference being that appcache requires at least one internt access.

If everything seems to be under control, you're just not driving fast enough
-Mario Andretti-
Retired
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Bell

Re: How does it really work?

Hi ingvar_e,

Navigation behaves the same way it would if you run a local .html file on your PC. Scripts and styles are loaded by their relative path to the index.html. The only difference is that the local file also has access to content hosted on a server (on another domain), as long as the URL is whitelisted. 

If your local .html file references external resources, an internet connection is required every time the application launches. Using appCache, like you've said will only need to download these files once, and fetch from cache on every subsequent use.

Let me know if this answers your question.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Torch 9800, Bold 9700
My Carrier: Movistar, Telenor

Re: How does it really work?

Perfect.

If everything seems to be under control, you're just not driving fast enough
-Mario Andretti-