Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: bbz10
My Carrier: telkomsel
Accepted Solution

How long time to get approved our application in Blackberry World after submit?

Dear developer,

please help me Smiley Happy

thank you

regard,

fery

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha B, 2x Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: 3, Orange, Vodafone

Re: How long time to get approved our application in Blackberry World after submit?

I have friends for who this has only just ocurred (jump in with the times if you want Oliver)

For myself it was only a few weeks but know of plenty of people for whom this was a long and drawn out issue

BB had to vet around 100k apps so, obviously, there has been a longer delay than usual while Z+Q10 were/are (depends where you live) launched

The 'normal' time is from a few days to a week

You can be lucky right now or it can take ages (pipe up Oliver <g>)

A few apps I have took three months while others under a week

It is also possible to cheat but that trick is hard to accomplish (I did one in 24 hours)

Click the like button if you find my posts useful!
Developer
My Device: Z10, Q10, 9900, 9790, PlayBook,
My Carrier: T-Mobile UK, Three, O2, Orange, Sunrise, Swisscom

Re: How long time to get approved our application in Blackberry World after submit?

[ Edited ]

My case is an exception as it's been held up by the port-a-thons, the launch events and by the branding validation team and it's unlikely that BBW approval times will be that bad again in the foreseeable future, but here are a few tips:

• This is the forum where you want to talk about it
  • Initial review takes longer, but shouldn't take more than a week
  • If your app deals with sensitive data, secure APIs, etc. The review time will be longer as more people will get involved in the reviewing process. BlackBerry takes security very seriously
  • Take the easy route when it comes to branding, naming, etc., unless you're in charge of a bigger project with resources
  • If you don't hear back after 2 weeks, bug moderators in the BBW forum. They're doing a great job
  • Updates are usually approved within a day or two
  • Anything which falls outside of the usual process will take forever to get solved as there is no clear path to solve issues and tickets seem to be ignored.
--
Olivier - interfaSys ltd
Developing for BlackBerry 10 devices using the Sencha Touch framework.