Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

How to achieve faster indexing

I have a site developed by one trusted company - Redalkemi based in chandigarh and personally feel that they did a great job...The catch however is that Google has indexed only few pages from my site.. Can you site why?????

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: How to achieve faster indexing

There are a lot of things that affect what Google does and does not do when indexing a site and none of them actually have anything to do with BlackBerry development. There's no way anyone here could answer that question unless they had access to detailed information about how Google decides what to index.  This isn't a BlackBerry development question, it's a Google question.

I noticed with a couple of my sites that Google seems to be random about what it finds on my site. I setup google some google alerts and am surprised when all of a sudden an article I wrote months ago all of a sudden gets Google's interest. It could be that the article was linked to from somewhere else and that's why Google all of a sudden thinks it's interesting.

Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: How to achieve faster indexing

@david45 : you are a webmaster. Google's indexation is complex and a secret recipy (of course), but there are some guidelines that you can follow by using what Google offers : http://www.google.com/webmasters/

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: