Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: How to connect the BlackBerry simulator to the internet

Hello,

when i am using browse www.google.com in my 9500 simulator browser i am geeting this error:-

unknownhost www.google.com:80 .

i am unable to open any website in my 9500 simulator browser.

Thanks

Pankaj Pareek

New Developer

If you are behind a firewall or a proxy you have to configure the simulator, e. g. configure a proxy in the settings of the simulator.

Developer

Hello,

Yes u r right.i ambehind a firewall or a proxy but  how to  configure a proxy in the settings of the simulator?      

Please give me some point out on that.Which step i follow for do that beacuse i serach in simulator icons bt i didn't  find any prooxy setting. i think u r very close to solve my problem.

Thx for it...

Thanks

Pankaj Pareek 

New Developer

Unfortunately the simulator has no settings menu. Therefore you have to use the MDS configuration file: http://na.blackberry.com/eng/developers/devbetasoftware/WidgetTutorial_How-to-configure-the-MDS-CS-s...

Developer

Hello,

I followed this link. and changed in particular file according to pdf but still i am getting this error. Please Help me?

Thanks

Pankaj Pareek

Developer

Hello,

Actually   i am trying to browse website which is loaded on server.when i am trying to access this from localhost it will work fine but when i am trying to uploaded website in my BB browser .it gives unknownhost website name:80. Actually i am unable to access simple www.google.com in my BB browser.

Please Point out me.

Thanks

Pankaj Pareek