Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Mobile App Development

How to install bar file in Blackberry Z10

Hi All,

I am new to Blackberry Development. Now i have developed the web application and also created the package for BlackBerry OS 10.In the package,My BAR file size is 497KB. But i have created the package for the same web application for Blackberry OS 7 and earlier My COD file size is 2.5 MB. i don't know why my BAR file is too small.And i can't install the Bar file in BlackBerry Z10..If anyone know..please me..Thanks a lot....

With Regards,

Marimuthu_P

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: How to install bar file in Blackberry Z10

How did you create the BAR file?
What error are you getting when you try to install?
Have you looked inside the BAR file (ala ZIP) to see what might be missing from previous BAR files?
New Developer

Hi jtegen,

Thanks for your reply, i create the package using the ripple emulator. after build succeeded. bar file is created in device and simulator folder. then i installed bar file from device folder. while installing,my device generate the error message that is Unable to install myfile.bar...Bar file size is 497KB..is this correct..but Cod file is 2.5MB..which cod file and jad file works well in BB6 device..Is there any procedure to install Bar file in BB 10...Once again Thanks a lot..Please reply me ASAP...

With Regards,

Marimuthu_P

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Etisalat UAE

[ Edited ]

Hi, 

Please find the process explained  in the links below.

Did you get your signing Keys? You need to sign you applcation and create debug token to use them to deploy to BB10 devices.

https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/packaging_your_app_in_ripple_1904611_11.html

https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/webworks_testing.html

also i would help if you mentioned exactly the error code/message you are getting in ripple commandline when you try to deply to your device.

Thanks,
Kareem.

Kareem ELSayed | Application Development Consultant | Developer Relations | BlackBerry | Twitter:@kemobyte
New Developer

Hi Kareem,
Thanks for your reply. Already I have signed my application.Is necessary to create debug token for deploy to Blackberry 10 device..

With Regards,
Marimuthu_P
Retired

Hi 

Kareem ELSayed | Application Development Consultant | Developer Relations | BlackBerry | Twitter:@kemobyte
New Developer

Hi Kareem,

But Debug tokens are valid for 30 days. When a debug token expires, the BlackBerry 10 OS no longer allows unsigned apps that rely on that token to run. so how can i use the debug token for life time. because our client is asking to use the app for lifetime unable to validate the debug token for 30 days once..please help me...

With Regards,
Marimuthu_P
Retired

For publishing an app:

https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/signing_landing_page.html