Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Mobile App Development
Accepted Solution

How to link or disable virtual keyboard submit button in blackberry 10 webworks?

Hi All,

I have developed Blackberry 10 Web application using Ripple Emulator and Blackberry Webworks SDK 1.0.4.11..In that i'm facing the login issue..While click the virtual keyboard submit button..it won't validate the credentials and without validate it goes to actual page..So how to validate or disable the virual keyboard submit button in Blackberry 10..Please me..Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Marimuthu_P

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: How to link or disable virtual keyboard submit button in blackberry 10 webworks?

Hi Marimuthu,

Are you using a <form> element in your app with an embedded <button> element? If so is there an action property defined?  The only way to disable the virtual keyboard (VKB) submit button is to NOT use <form> elements.

I would highly suggest NOT using <form> elements to handle user input fields in a WebWorks app. This technique results in an unecessary HTTP request & reload of an entire page.  Instead, use JavaScript to read & validate each input field value and then navigate the user to the next view when appropriate.  

Does that make sense?

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
New Developer
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Mobile App Development

Re: How to link or disable virtual keyboard submit button in blackberry 10 webworks?

Hi Astanley,

Thanks for your Reply..Now, it is working well..