Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

How to make splash screen fit all blackberry devices in blackberry webworks app?

I am Working on blackberry webworks application targetting blackberry 7 & lower OS versions. I have a 360 x 480 pixels splash image that fits perfectly in blackberry curve 9380 device. But the same splash image doesn't fit in other devices with different screen sizes. So, now I have created splash screen with different resolution. But I don't know how to use this? Can anyone tel me how to select the splash screen dynamically based on the device resolution or any other ways to solve this issue?

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: How to make splash screen fit all blackberry devices in blackberry webworks app?

Unfortuantely on BBOS, you can only have one rim:loadingScreen element:
http://developer.blackberry.com/bbos/html5/documentation/rim_loadingscreen_element_834680_11.html

Whereas on BB10 you can have multiple rim:splash elements that the device would automatically pick the best resolution from.

Given that this is a config/xml property, there is no way to dynamically assign the values. You would need a separate build for each loadingScreen dimensions.

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.