Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Tour
My Carrier: MTN
Accepted Solution

How to make webworks application load faster

[ Edited ]

My webworks application loads everytime I open a local page, even if I have open the same page during that same session. I see other applications open very fast. Is there not a way I can make it load faster?  It's quite frustrating to the application loading the same page I just opened seconds ago. Is there where the cache come's useful? Also, is it supported by OS5?

Thanks in advance.

Developer
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: How to make webworks application load faster

Are you using a specific framework?

feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
Retired
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Telus

Webworks do caching for content items if you don't explicitly ask not to in config.xml.

The loading time is very depends of what you do on page load, do you have any heavy calculations or file access, what API are you using? Try to remove code you suspect as having an impact on performance and check how app loads without it.

1.Please resolve your thread by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button below the post which solved your problem!
2. If any post helps you please click the button below the post(s)
Developer
My Device: Bold 9930 and PlayBook

You can also use the setTimeout() function to call a function a second or two later.  This effectively lets other javascript code load and processing go and while the function call sits waiting for the timeout to pass.  I use this so that all basic formatting runs immediately and then I load the extra UI objects that the user needs to actually operate the app.

"Not to know what happened before you were born is to be forever a child." Marcus Tullius Cicero