Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Smarkcom

How to set TOAST always on top ?

[ Edited ]

Hi everybody!. 

I have test with Toast sample in BB10-WebWorks-Samples. But the my toast only show in my window (when minimize window, the toast minimize, too.) i don't know how to set on-top toast ( like system toast - bb os show message to user... always on-top) in both case ( window still maximize and minimize ). And, how can i do to change background color for toast ?. Many thanks!

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: How to set TOAST always on top ?

Hi there,

Unfortunately system-wide Toast messages are not currently available. This request has come up from time to time and is something that is being looked into. I don't have a timeline on when it may land though.

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Developer
My Device: Z10 LE,Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: China Mobile

BTW, if I'm running as a headless service, is there any possibilities to display a global toast?
BlackBerry Cascades / WebWorks developer, Vendor name: anpho
Retired

That's definitely a common use-case. It's not available today, but being looked into.

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Retired

Having some discussions, and this may be achievable through a native extension using this API:
https://developer.blackberry.com/native/reference/cascades/bb__platform__notificationdialog.html?f=n...

Being Cascades, you might be able to leverage the QtBridge extension for simplicity:
https://github.com/blackberry/WebWorks-Community-APIs/tree/master/BB10-Cordova/QtBridge