Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: Vip

How to set up Package-Name for PlayBook WebWorks app ?

How to set up Package-Name for PlayBook WebWorks app ? In BB10 config.xml there is id tag which is substituted in bar  MANIFEST.MF. But this id tag doesn't work for PlayBook and always generate random package name in final bar file (something like this pbf09883b57b56d3d33c39bbc8dd3b2be)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<widget xmlns="http://www.w3.org/ns/widgets"
        xmlns:rim="http://www.blackberry.com/ns/widgets"
        version="2.0.0.0" id="net.me.example">

I want one product in app world with 2 separate releases, one for BB10 and other for PB, because both packages use diffrent sdk and thus different bar structure. But I can't do this because of Package-Name mismatch.

Developer

Re: How to set up Package-Name for PlayBook WebWorks app ?

Nobody knows ?
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Dev Alpha and Bold 9900

[ Edited ]

Hi there, i also hit this error, i managed to find a workaround, i`ll try make it as simple as possible to explain.

1) create and sign your PlayBook app

2) pull it apart and get the Package-Name from the Manifest.mf file

3) in your BB10 config file, set the id tag in the <widget> element to that of your Package-Name from step 2

4) Compile app in BB10 SDK

5) (optional) pull apart BB10 app and compare Package-Name and Package-ID fields, they should now be the same

This worked for me after fiddling around with stuff, hope this helps you out and dont forget to hit like if this worked for you.

Developer

This works if app is initially developed for PlayBook and now only rebuilding the same package name with BB10 sdk for BB10 release. I want the opposite, app developed for bb10 and new release for pb. Never-mind, I'll manage two products.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Dev Alpha and Bold 9900

ah right, sorry if i misunderstood.

personally id still do it that way, as you can then have all in one product listing. removing the BB10 version if you have already submitted it to appworld isnt an issue as you have no customers yet that you`ll be leaving without the app, and you`ll leave yourself with just the one listing to manage which over the longer term is a better solution

Developer
My Device: PlayBook w/ OS 2.1, Dev Alpha
My Carrier: None

Thank you so much for this post! It helped me upgrading my WebWorks app from PB to BB10.
--
May the Source be with You
Follow me on Twitter: @r0b0tmartin