Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: QTEL

How to sign a .bar file?

[ Edited ]

Hey Guys, so I've finally finished making and packaging the app with ripple. But when I go to put it on the device after I already put the debugtoken.bar file, so when I go to put the application's bar file on the z10 via the Playbook./ BB10 app manager extension in crome I'm getting this error failure 881 required signatures missing (RDK, AUTHOR).

I know this is because I am yet to sign the apps, but I don't know how to sign the apps, can somebody please help me out!! Sorry I am new to making BB10 Apps. I saw the way on blackberry's website but they were to complicated for me, can anybody dumb it down a bit?? 

Developer
My Device: blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Personal

Re: How to sign a .bar file?

in the ripple emulator , in the part that you package the app , you should put package and sign , you should to put the password of your key and the version of the app

If you find this information useful please click like --->
@mezeitune on twitter
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: QTEL

but what about the .csj files they sent me, where do i put those??

Developer
My Device: blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Personal

look , is assumed that the two files that you should sent them a back up, and you would put in a zip file, this is done by going to momentix (window-> preferences-> blackberry-> signing-> back up). When you do that you'll have the zip file and you can put the password in the ripple

If you find this information useful please click like --->
@mezeitune on twitter
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: All
My Carrier: N/A

Hello,

You're best place to start is the developer micro site. We have step-by-step instructions for obtaining, setting up, and signing your app with Signing Keys.

https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/signing_setup.html