Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

How to sign blackberry web apps if you have already done that?

On the same computer machine, I had signed up with signing authority and gotten keys etc. I remember RIM sending me 2 folders with 1 csi file in each. 

Now since I am working with web apps, what should I do to get those keys installed and sign my BB web apps. I am slightly lost between the "install new keys, import existing keys, get a signing keys" options.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: How to sign blackberry web apps if you have already done that?

Hello,

To clarify, you have already purchased and received your code signing keys from RIM, and have been using them for Java development?

If so then you will also need to make them available to be used by the WebWorks Plug-ins as well. Help topics on this subject are available in both the Eclipse and Visual Studio Plug-ins (search for "signing keys").

As an example, in Eclipse open the Windows Menu and click Preferences.  There should be links for managing signing keys under the BlackBerry Web/Widget branch.  If you have already installed keys on your computer, you will click on the "Import Existing Keys" link:

sign_keys.png

For more info on code signing, please see this article:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Testing-and-Deployment/BlackBerry-Applications-and-code-signi...

Sincerely,

Adam

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Contributor

Thank you for the reply. That helped.

sfa
Contributor

Hello,

I have a similar problem, but I need to import the keys from Visual Studio. I originally registered the with Blackberry Widget Packager and successfully used them with the Visual Studio plug-in. Now I need to import those same keys into Eclipse and use them with the Blackberry Eclipse plug-in. But I don't know where the key files are stored?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve