07-26-2013 02:08 PM
I use Ripple to package and sign my app but it show the error "[ERROR] Error: Please enter a valid application version"
I search on the web but I dont get any resolution.
anyone here help me out? thank you
Solved! Go to Solution.
07-28-2013 08:19 AM
Everytime you sign an application it gets a version number. this version number is incremented by one everytime you sign. The message indicates that you are trying to sign an application with a version that has aleady been signed. try the following
1) in ripple go to build --> settings --> bundle number and set the number manually. Ensure you set a number that is not yet signed. If you unsure set it to 100 or 300 depending on the number of times you have signed the applicaiton.
2) Alternatively go to your config file and change the application version from version="184.108.40.206" to version="220.127.116.11".
Hope this helps
07-28-2013 12:15 PM
I have change the version to 18.104.22.168 and the bundle numb but I still got this message. I dont know why !!!
07-31-2013 04:14 PM
When we look at a config.xml version, example:
The last digit is known as the Build ID. In Ripple Settings, you supply a Build ID which will overwrite the last digit.
Meaning if you supply Ripple Build ID of 300, your actual version will be:
Generally, I keep the Build ID in my config.xml set to 0 and only modify the first three digits, and then rely on Ripple to set the last digit. Note that Ripple should only contain a single number.
If you still see the issue, can you please copy/paste your config.xml, as well as the Build ID value you are using within Ripple?
08-02-2013 08:53 AM
I have solve the problem but when I continue to sign it show another error (sorry Im a new webwork developer)
Certificate chain not found for: RDK. RDK must reference a valid KeyStore key entry containing a private key and corresponding public key certificate chain.
After that, according to some thread in the forum I register for new CSJ key file. However, when I use Ripple it still show the error but the bar file still be package but cant upload to Blackberry World
I have try using the Android Webwork package but it show Your computer may not have setup correctly(Certificate chain not found)
Please help me, I dont know how to solve this problem
08-02-2013 10:31 AM
Hi there, you'll need to follow the steps here to configure code singing on your PC; let us know if you have any questions along the way:
The basic steps are:
1) Request code signing keys from the online form.
2) Install code signing keys on your PC.
3) Package and Sign your application when you want a BAR file to be deployed to BlackBerry World.