Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: VMS Mobifone
Accepted Solution

How to solve the Oh Snap! Build request failed with message: [ERROR] Error: Please enter a valid application version with Ripple

Hi all

I use Ripple to package and sign my app but it show the error "[ERROR] Error: Please enter a valid application version"

I search on the web but I dont get any resolution.

anyone here help me out? thank you

Developer
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodacom

Re: How to solve the Oh Snap! Build request failed with message: [ERROR] Error: Please enter a valid application version with Ripple

Everytime you sign an application it gets a version number. this version number is incremented by one everytime you sign. The message indicates that you are trying to sign an application with a version that has aleady been signed. try the following

1) in ripple go to build --> settings --> bundle number and set the number manually. Ensure you set a number that is not yet signed. If you unsure set it to 100 or 300 depending on the number of times you have signed the applicaiton.

2) Alternatively go to your config file and change the application version  from version="1.0.0.0" to version="1.0.1.0".

Hope this helps

Contributor

Re: How to solve the Oh Snap! Build request failed with message: [ERROR] Error: Please enter a valid application version with Ripple

I have change the version to 1.0.1.0 and the bundle numb but I still got this message. I dont know why !!! 

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

When we look at a config.xml version, example:

The last digit is known as the Build ID. In Ripple Settings, you supply a Build ID which will overwrite the last digit.

Meaning if you supply Ripple Build ID of 300, your actual version will be:

Generally, I keep the Build ID in my config.xml set to 0 and only modify the first three digits, and then rely on Ripple to set the last digit. Note that Ripple should only contain a single number.

If you still see the issue, can you please copy/paste your config.xml, as well as the Build ID value you are using within Ripple?

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Contributor

I have solve the problem but when I continue to sign it show another error (sorry Im a new webwork developer)

Certificate chain not found for: RDK. RDK must reference a valid KeyStore key entry containing a private key and corresponding public key certificate chain.

After that, according to some thread in the forum I register for new CSJ key file. However, when I use Ripple it still show the error but the bar file still be package but cant upload to Blackberry World

I have try using the Android Webwork package but it show Your computer may not have setup correctly(Certificate chain not found)

Please help me, I dont know how to solve this problem

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Hi there, you'll need to follow the steps here to configure code singing on your PC; let us know if you have any questions along the way:

https://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/set_up_for_signing.html

The basic steps are:

1) Request code signing keys from the online form.

2) Install code signing keys on your PC.

3) Package and Sign your application when you want a BAR file to be deployed to BlackBerry World.

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.