Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

How to turn on proxy authentication while surfing the Internet in Blackberry browser.?

hi, i wan to know the settings or document to implement

How to turn on proxy authentication  or ads authentication while surfing the Internet in Blackberry browser...?

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: How to turn on proxy authentication while surfing the Internet in Blackberry browser.?

do I understand your question correctly ?
the device is connected to a BES.
Using the BlackBerry browser, as usual the browser connects to the BES proxy.
And the HTTP proxy is configured to ask for credentials (login + password)

you would like the last sentence not to happen, and you do not want the user to use anothet browser like 'Internet Browser'.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Developer
New Developer

Re: How to turn on proxy authentication while surfing the Internet in Blackberry browser.?

hi,  yes my device configured with BES, but the question is how i can turn on the HTTP proxy which is configured to ask for credentials (login + password)...?
Guru I

what do you mean "turn on the proxy" ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Developer
New Developer

Re: Re: How to turn on proxy authentication while surfing the Internet in Blackberry browser.?

Guru I

Re: Re: How to turn on proxy authentication while surfing the Internet in Blackberry browser.?

?

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: SingTel

If you want all your BlackBerry browsing to happen via your proxy, then you must configure the proxy on your BES under your MDS properties. For more details, refer to the BES Administration Guide or refer to the BES section of the forums.

Sarim
BlackBerry Development Advisor
www.BlackBerryDeveloper.com
Visitor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: t-mobile

I have a similar issue, where I need to authenticate with the proxy server on the corporate network, but not when I'm connected to wifi at home.  is there a way to do that as there is with the iPhone?

Thanks,