Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: 0

I need two example face book integration and chat example in phone gap

Hi

can you please provide me any of these running example , facebook integration using javascript in phone gap.

and i need one chat example in phone gap..?

thanks

Developer
Developer
My Device: PlayBook 16GB, BB10 LE Z10 (red)
My Carrier: none

Re: I need two example face book integration and chat example in phone gap

The Facebook Javascript SDK should provide all informations needed to add the content to your page, have a look at it: http://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/javascript/

Chat is something really special, it depends mainly on the support in Client using something like XHR long polling, hidden iframe or last but not least the new and upcoming standard WebSocket. On the other hand there is a Server implementation needed for all this, so if using WebSocket on the Client-side you should search for WebSocket implementations also for your prevert Server-side.

BTW: Only a WebSocket implementation will be real realtime communication

"Like" if you liked the post.
"Accept as Solution" if the post solves your question.
Developer
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: 0

Hi

actually i beginner  i never integrate any app with facebook .

can you please explain steps 

1) Example i have HELLO World app  in which i only display text .

what next i do ? for integration .is there any use of web service or not for integration (i think yes for login pyrpose)  ? without web service i will not learn? 

is there any way to learn how to integrate simple app with fb?

Developer
Developer
My Device: PlayBook 16GB, BB10 LE Z10 (red)
My Carrier: none

Seems Google Search isn't available for you? All you need should be in the provided API documentations, but you need to read and understand how the Facebook API works. For tutorials using FB + JavaScript there is a bunch of websites out there provided samples how to use the API, but all this depends on what you want to do. For FB I think there isn't something like "Hello World", and a starting point for you might be this tutorial but remember it might be outdated and not working with the latest APIs provided by FB since it is from July 2011.

"Like" if you liked the post.
"Accept as Solution" if the post solves your question.