Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: 8350i Curve

Icon position with browser push app

Is there a way to specify what position a browser push icon will take on a user's Blackberry?  I've been able to push information using the sample code, but the icon shows up at different locations on the ribbon.  If it's a specification in the header properties, is there a complete list of these "X-RIM-Push-...." items?
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Icon position with browser push app

You can use X-Rim-Push-Ribbon-Position

Defines the location of the channel push icon on the handheld Home Screen. 

An integer representing the position of the icon on the Home Screen.

Developer

Great!  Thanks for the reply.  Do you know if there's a complete list of these push options?  I've seen several listed for different options, but have never seen a complete reference.
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

yes check out http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/8067/645045/8655/8563/140733...

**note the version though, I can't find the equivalent document for the latest version.

Developer

Thanks, that had some good information.  Unfortunately I've tried using the Ribbon-Position property, but doesn't seem to help.  I'm using this on an older model 7510/7520 using 4.0 software so it's possible that these settings are not available with that version.  I'll keep looking, but if you know of any specs on supported properties it would be great to have.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

Please note that the ribbon position parameter acts as a guide, not an absolute value.  There are a number of things that can impact this.  The first is the location of existing pushes.  The BlackBerry handheld can group browser pushes together.  Therefore if the user has an existing push, the new icon will be placed near it (vary based on the ribbon position parameter).  The location can also vary based on the BlackBerry Theme in use.  Some themes may put browser channel pushes in their own folder.
Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker