09-18-2012 06:43 PM - edited 09-18-2012 06:46 PM
I eventually managed to get my DRAFT app downloaded from App World onto my PlayBook under a sandbox account. Any attempt to load existing purchases returns with an error "Unable to access Payment Service on this device" - the same error I see when side-loading. Has anybody managed to test IAP on PlayBook using sandbox accounts? Given local mode doesn't work post-2.0 in my experience, launching appears to be a case of "Hope and Pray".
My main reason for asking is I have seen some claims that this feature doesn't work and would like confirmation either way.
09-19-2012 01:53 PM
09-20-2012 01:09 AM - edited 09-20-2012 01:58 AM
Aware of that but everything seems to return that I cannot access payment servers. Actually, I just retested and I'm no longer getting the cannot access Payment Service message - I'm guessing the server was lagging the update. Annoying but had the same problem on Google Play.
Interestingly getExistingPurchases isn't just returning (calling back with) an empty set but is instead not calling back at all (error or otherwise). Do you know if that is expected? It truly screws up my program as it needs to know what options to offer the user prior to showing the first screen.
09-21-2012 01:30 PM
As far as I know, the callback should always trigger regardless. Do you happen to have some sample source you could share?
Also, just to double-check, are you deploying directly to the device through USB/WiFi or are you downloading your application through App World's sandbox? (You'll need to do the latter.) If you do have any previous side-loaded versions, I would recommend removing them.
09-21-2012 02:42 PM
Thanks - that was my expectation as well. Unfortunately the code is all tied into a larger bundle of code. Right now I'm setting up a timeout so if I don't get the callback quickly I can at least notify the user of the error and show a basic options list. Better than the current blank screen. To say this is a bad solution is an understatement. The App works correctly in local mode (at least on the 1.7 simulator - local mode doesn't work under 2.0 - jira filed) and it works properly when sideloaded in the sense it gets and responds to the failure callback.
I loaded through appworld (TST followed by going into the browser and opening the appworld content link for the app). I had removed the side-loaded versions prior to doing that.