Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
My Device: 9800 BOLD
My Carrier: Videotron
Accepted Solution

Install signed WebWorks apps

[ Edited ]

Hi,

First of all I want to say I'm able to install signed Flex apps and unsigned Webworks apps

on my Playbook. But when I try to push, via USB, a signed WebWorks apps I got

this error:

actual_dname::

actual_id::

actual_version::

result::failure 500 META-INF/AUTHOR.SF: SHA-512-Digest-Manifest mismatch

I don't know what I'm doing wrong because the signing process work

perfectly. But as you can see they dont' fill the actual_dname,actual_id

and actual_version value. But when I check In the MANIFEST file I can

see the Application-Name,Application-Id and Application-Version value

and the good Package-Author,Package-Author-Id I give in the

blackberry-tablet.xml and config.xml.

Any help will be appreciated

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Install signed WebWorks apps

Have you checked out the steps in the Developer's guide for signing WebWorks applications for Tablet OS?

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/27280/Configure_signing_for_tablet_application...

It's a bit different than the signing process for AIR development on the PlayBook

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Contributor

Thx tneil,

But now I receive a "unable to register because there are no more attempts" error with

this command: "blackberry-signer -register -csjpin MYPIN -cskpass MYPWD  "client-RDK-MYCLIENTNO.csj"

Should I have two key...one for my AIR apps and one for my WebWorks apps ?

Because when I use this command:

bbwp "C:\app\myApp.zip" -gcsk MYPWD -gp12 MYPWD -buildId 10 -o "C:\appcompil\output"

I got a "failed to find signing key "...wich signing key is talking about...i have a ".p12", ".db", ".csk",

and 2 ".csj" files (PBDT, RDK) ?

P.S.:

When you will have time can you plz work on a GUI signing tool. I think I talk for many "we" spend

toooo much time on signing apps. (Now I feel better). 

Contributor

FYI

1) Don't use Flash Builder Burrito to communicate with RIM authority. If he fail you will not receive any error message.

2) If in the registration form you enter upper case letter in your PIN (CSJ PIN)  the system will automaticly  lower the letter so be carefull when you use this command : blackberry-signer -register -csjpin 999A9999 etc..

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hello

one possible cause of your problem is that you may have performed the two signing steps in the wrong order. You need to ensure that you first sign with the RIM key and then self sign, not the other way around. If you do reverse the order of these steps you will get the error that you encountered.

Regards

Martin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to press the like button on the right side if you liked my attempts to help :-)
And please mark posts as solved if you think I found the solution or set you on its path. Thanks!
Follow me on Twitter: @mdwrim
Contributor

In my first registration I use Burrito (I follow your AIR instruction step by step) and I was able to sign AIR apps with no probs. But I did'nt know why I could'nt sign Webworks apps (Strange no I could sign AIR but not Webworks ).

So I command a another set of codes for key gen and In my second attempt I use the command line (I follow your WebWorks instruction step by step) for the registration and now i'm able to sign everething(Yes sir! ). Maybe it is because Burrito don't raise a error on this : "If in the registration form you enter upper case letter in your PIN (CSJ PIN) the system will automaticly lower the letter"...I say maybe...