Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: 9100
Accepted Solution

Installing Ripple Emulator (0.9.1)

I am trying to install the Ripple Emulator, but, first of all the version which is going to be installed is Ripple 0.9.0.14 and not 0.9.1 how it is said here: not https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/html5/download/ripple 

and then, when i launch it i get this error...

Developer

Re: Installing Ripple Emulator (0.9.1)

New Contributor
My Device: None
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Hi,.. the Solution is for Version 0.9.0.14. With the actual Version 0.9.0.16 the solution doesnt work for me. I have tried Win 64 and 32 Bit. Same error on both machines. Does Ripple write any logs?
Developer

It worked out for me for the last version. Maybe you didn't update the right config.ini file ...

New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Telcel

It installs version 0.9.0.16 and everyone at RIM or tinyhippos is either too incompetent or simply too lazy to update either the file or the text in the download button to correctly reflect this. When you finally get it working it pops up a rather annoying message stating you need to update to the latest version (which is the same version you jut installed since there's no link to the new version) AND WHAT'S EVEN WORSE IS THAT THERE'S NO WAY TO GET RID OF THE POPUP WINDOW.

This is the first time I install Ripple (without counting the 3 previous ones in the last 3~4 hours which didn't work because of the webContent problem, countless restarts, which overall and frankly is a disgrace to software development), so far the experience has been disappointing and it hints on why BlackBerry most probably will just fade in the mist in the race against Android and iOS.

The installation goes on rather smoothly (unless you count you have to manually edit files, etc.)

People at RIM might as well just ask us to manually copy the files to their respective locations, edit registry files and create the other required configuration files ALL BY HAND and the experience would be the same (or even better).

HINT: when you have a large marketshare it pays to release with minor bugs, as Microsoft does. When your user base is waning you simply CANNOT risk releasing software with so many bugs or making so many mistakes.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Telcel

This doesn't solve the issue of where to actualy GET the installation file in the first place.