Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Intercepting emails

Is it possible to have a widget intercept an XML formatted email sent to a BlackBerry, and have it retrieve the contents, and then delete the email after? 

A poor mans push data system so to speak... I know this can be done in the JAVA API... can it be done in a widget?

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Intercepting emails

You can actually do a full data push to a widget as well using the blackberry.push API's.

But if you are looking at email as your push mechanism, for now, there isn't an inbox listener API for you to intercept incoming emails.  It is an API we are looking at adding.  

If you are brave of heart you can actually create this JavaScript API yourself by writing it in Java and then including it in your widget.

We don't have details on how to do this online quite yet, but we will be discussing it at the BlackBerry Developer Conference and hopefully posting a tutorial shortly after.

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

I would love to use the full push, but feel I would go over the limit of "free pushs" in any given day... and so I am looking for a free push system for my widget Smiley Wink

Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

I'm a newbie here and perhaps this question has been answered somewhere already. I'm looking at email as a push mechanism and wondering if there is any widget api that I could use right out of the box.

Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: Yoigo

tneil ha escrito:

But if you are looking at email as your push mechanism, for now, there isn't an inbox listener API for you to intercept incoming emails.  It is an API we are looking at adding.  

We don't have details on how to do this online quite yet, but we will be discussing it at the BlackBerry Developer Conference and hopefully posting a tutorial shortly after.

I haven't found a listener yet and I just realize this post has nearly three years.

If you are going to say something like that, at least explain why you haven't do anything about it in the last years so we get an idea of what is going on.

Smiley Sad