Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

Intermittent form post issue for BB 4 & 5

[ Edited ]

Update: Well...  We accidentially found our issue.  We are doing URL rewrite to lowercase all URLs to our site.  It was supposed to be ignoring URLs in our application folder but wasn't.  Strange that it was causing intermittent issues with the form posts for only Blackberry 4 and 5, I assume rewriting the Script Resources.

=================================================

We're building out mobile web pages to give a mobile friendly view of our website.  Our login page has fields for User Id and Password and posts to a URL to the handle login.  It works great on Blackberry 6 and above, as well as on iPhone and Andoid.  However, on Blackberry 4 and 5 it only works intermittently.

The login always seems to work when cookies are cleared.  After that, it works intermittently, about 50/50.  Sometimes the form post happens, sometimes it doesn't - it either flashes requesting and does nothing, or just does nothing.  In these cases, looking at the web server logs we see the GET to pull down the login page, but no POST to the page that actually performs the login.

The post is done via javascript, so I've been thinking maybe a javascript error is happening, but I can't tell.  To confirm, I put an alert in the javascript as the last thing before submitting the form, and the alert always comes up.  I coded the alert to tell me the action on the form, and it is always correct.

At this point I'm just lost on what to do and would love any suggestions or a way to trace traffic on the blackberry (like Fiddler) or to see if javascirpt errors are really happening.  I've heard that cookie length might be a problem and wondering if that might have anything to do with this as well?

Here is some code if it helps:

<input type="button" class="greenBtn" onclick="this.value='Logging in...'; this.disabled=true; HandleLoginSubmit();" value="LOGIN" />

function HandleLoginSubmit()

{

//does some stuff to set a "Remember Me" cookie if requested

alert(Action: " + document.forms[0].action);

document.forms[0].submit();

}