Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Intermittent fuzzy text

Hi, 

I'm developing a webworks application using Angular UI and Bootstrap. Recently parts of my app appear with fuzzy text when the screen first loads. When the user touches the screen anywhere the text magically becomes clear again. The fuzzy text does not always appear when the screen loads only sometimes. The weird thing is the text is only fuzzy in the body of my app and the app title stays clear. 

My app with fuzzy text

(My app screenshot)

I did a bit of research and did not find any answers but I noticed that the mobile angular demo (http://mobileangularui.com/demo/#/) page had the same problem as my app. When you open the left menu and hold on one of the menu items a bit you see that the text becomes fuzzy/blurry. Now in my app that happens even when the user doesn't hold their finger on the menu item. 

Mobile Angular Demo

(Mobile Angular Demo site)

Thank you, 

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Intermittent fuzzy text

Unfortunately this was a known issue that was fixed and will be available in later software updates.

Thanks.

Ken Wallis - Senior Product Manager, WebWorks and Android Runtime
@ken_wallis
New Developer
My Device: Z30, Z10, Q5, Q10
My Carrier: Multiple carriers

Re: Intermittent fuzzy text

Are you able to provide any information regarding the root cause?  Our project is currently using WebWorks 1.0 and at this time we are not able to upgrade.  Are there modifications to our html/css etc that could be made to resolve the issue?

Thanks