Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: Manx Telecom

Invalid Command in JVM for emulators

Hi,

I have downloaded, Ripple, a couple of emulators, Webworks and the sample apps.

I have packed the apps Ok with ripple but when I try to load them the emulators bomb out with the Invalid Command in JVM.

So far I have uninstalled everything( including the java sdk) , rebooted, reinstalled  everything which has made no difference.

This error occurs even when starting the emulators outside of ripple. I have tried two different versions of J 6 SDK and J 7 SDK. I am usinh XP sp2 .

I cannot move on, does  anyone  have a suggestion?

Thanks

Retired
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Invalid Command in JVM for emulators

Hi shaned505,

What exactly is the error you're seeing?

1.Please resolve your thread by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button below the post which solved your problem!
2. If any post helps you please click the button below the post(s)
New Contributor
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: Manx Telecom

Re: Invalid Command in JVM for emulators

Hi Jeff, I get the simulator, followed by a message box regarding fitting to screen, followed by a message about touch screen (info) then i get the error which is a box with a blue header ( typical windows message box) the header states: Application Error - Blackberry 9900 simulator. Inside the box you have your typical white 'X@ in a red circle and the text Error inside JVM: Illegal instruction. The previous boxes to this error are immediately overwritten by the following boxes and no action can be performed on any of the previous boxes buttons. Any help?