Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
My Device: Dev Alpha B, Playbook 16GB, Z10 LE
My Carrier: Bell Canada
Accepted Solution

Invoke Hub and display filtered list of messages in BB10

Hi,

I have a requirement for a webworks app I am building for BB10 to display all emails in a certain date range from a particular user.  The date range and user are determined from within my app.  Ideally there would be some way to invoke the Hub (perhaps as a card) and have it display only the messages that match the sender email and date range I provide.  If the hub can't be invoked as a card then I would at least need the ability to query for email messages that meet the criteria and have my app display those messages in a list.  I've done a search of the documentation and haven't found any pointers on how this might be accomplished.

Is something of this nature possible?  Is there some sample code available to show how this might be done?

Thanks

DM

------------
"The shortest answer is doing." - Jacula Prudentum
My app: Cashalyst
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Invoke Hub and display filtered list of messages in BB10

Currently only Calendar and Contact PIM APIs are integrated; it's not possible to query for messages between a certain date.

Regarding the invocation, the BlackBerry Hub isn't supported at this time as an invocation target:
http://developer.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/invoking_core_apps.html

In the native APIs, it does appear that this may be possible through an extension:
https://developer.blackberry.com/native/reference/cascades/bb__pim__message__messageservice.html?f=m...

However I'm not too familiar with these APIs. The folks on the native side of the forums might be able to give more information on how to use these, but again would require a native extension to enable the functionality in WebWorks.

Currently the WebWorks implementation priority is the Cordova-based tools / APIs. Once that transition is complete, we'll be seeing more new API implementation coming through again.

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Dev Alpha B, Playbook 16GB, Z10 LE
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Re: Invoke Hub and display filtered list of messages in BB10

Thanks for your reply.  It appears that I will not be able to implement the functionality I needed in my app.  Hopefully this type of integration will be possible in the near future.  Messaging is one of Blackberrys core strengths and thus it would seem that providing API level access to messaging functionality would be a given in the Webworks framework.

Regards

DM

------------
"The shortest answer is doing." - Jacula Prudentum
My app: Cashalyst