Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
My Device: Bold 9900 - Playbook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Is WebWorks the easiest?

Thanks guys, I will test out both. Right now I'm not looking to port to other platforms. 

Playing with both I see the advantage now, cascades is bringing back bad memories of the computer engineering course I took. 

Retired
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Bell

If you're struggling with getting Ripple to build, you may like working with a build script more, something that can be integrated into the IDE that you are using, or run from the command line.

If you are interested, check out this project. There's a video that shows you how it works and how to use it in Sublime:

https://github.com/blackberry/BB10-WebWorks-Community-Samples/tree/master/Ant-Build-Script

Tim Windsor
Open Source Technical Lead
Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: DEVELOPER
My Carrier: vodafone

It depends on the type of app that you have in mind. For games, NATIVE SDK provides wide extensibilty but if you are concentrating on simple apps, WEBWORKS is the term.

Have a Great time with blackberry!

******Blackberry Developer*******---Built for the Kill-----
#######Developer of @Sudoku#########
Developer
My Device: Z10 Red
My Carrier: Free

[ Edited ]

I disagree with the final answer.

There is no such imperative "easiest", it is relative to you. It depends of what you want to achieve and what you are used to develop

• If you're a web developer, of course WebWorks is the one.
  • If you're a C++ or Qt developer the answer is easy
  • If you were a Java guy (older BB or Android), I found Cascades way easier than Webworks
  • If you just want a easy port to multiple platform, Webworks again, or also Native SDK for game
  • And if you don't know, I'd advise you to go Cascades and native in general. You lose the easy port to other platform right, but it is really more straightforward to have a app: responsive, efficient and with a UI integrated in the ecosystem.

New Developer
My Device: blackberry dev alpha
My Carrier: airtel

Depends, if you know anything, it will probably end up as the easiest. Smiley Happy

New Developer
My Device: blackberry dev alpha
My Carrier: airtel

Webworks is the best way to create a lot of great apps Smiley Happy