06-07-2012 12:26 PM
I'm developing a JQuery Mobile based app which I've tested on both Ripple and the 9800 emulator and it works fine,including navigation. When I test it on the actual device, the navigation doesn't work. I don't think it is a click detection issue because the elements change their styles accordingly. Is it a specific device issue?
Thanks for any help or comments
Solved! Go to Solution.
06-08-2012 03:20 PM
Have you tried debugging it with WebInspector? That should allow you to see what is wrong.
Also, if it's a bug in the software, you could try a newer OS.
06-11-2012 10:19 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought you could only bake in the Web Inspector if you are running BB OS 7, and the 9800 will only run BB OS6.
If there is some way to get the web inspector up in BB6, please let us know -- as this will make the work I am doing right now much easier.
06-11-2012 10:26 AM
You're right, I thought it was in 6, but it's not. There are a few other options that could help and get you past this:
Some additional utilities that can be used to debug and profile web or BlackBerry WebWorks content running on BlackBerry Device Software version 5.0 and BlackBerry® 6:
06-11-2012 01:15 PM
Thank you for your help. I tried using Firebug, which by the way is an excellent debugging option, but I couldn't discover the problem. The code executes completely, including the changePage method, without throwing any errors but not working at all.
06-11-2012 02:49 PM
Thank you, I've already sent you an e-mail. I've also uploaded the app here:
I tested the app from the above URL on both desktop and mobile browsers, not Blackberry, and it works perfectly.
Testing on the device as an app and in the browser produces the error.
Thanks a lot for your help