Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

JavaScript extension works when building with Eclipse, but does not work when building with bbwp from the command line

Hi,

I am writing a custom JavaScript Extension, as described here: http://na.blackberry.com/eng/developers/devbetasoftware/Lab_Widget_Extension.zip

Working within Eclipse on Win XP 32 bit, everything is fine. Both the demo vibrate example and my own project work perfectly.

However, if I build using bbwp.exe on the command line, using the *exact* same zip files (the ones that Eclipse uses when it runs bbwp), then the extension functionality does not work.

I am using the Bold 8900 (5.0.0.41) simulator. The widget loads fine, runs fine, but the vibrate function, which is provided by the extension does not work -nothing happens.

Note that this occurs both on my project, *and* on the sample extension project in the tutorial above.

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated,

best regards,

Richard

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: JavaScript extension works when building with Eclipse, but does not work when building with bbwp from the command line

Hi rrodger,

I would recommend that if you want to build on the command line with bbwp.exe outside of Eclipse to download the standalone BlackBerry Widget SDK.  The Eclipse tooling sets paths on the widget SDK that it re-distributes to use the built in Eclipse java compiler.

You can download the standalone BlackBerry Widget SDK command line tool here:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/developers/browserdev/widgetsdk.jsp

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: JavaScript extension works when building with Eclipse, but does not work when building with bbwp from the command line

Hi Tim,

I am using the standalone SDK. I have both the eclipse plugin and the standalone sdk installed. Do they conflict if installed on the same machine?

Thanks,

Richard

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

They should not conflict.

Can you confirm the version of the BlackBerry Widget SDK that you have installed?

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter