Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Javascript works in Chrome, but poorly in sim

Hi,

I am having a problem with my Webworks app for Playbook. The app, while not overly complex, uses HTML5, CSS, and Javascript (along with a few Jquery calls).

The app works very well, and quickly, in Chrome.  The app also works in the most recent simulator and BB webworks packager, which I downloaded a week ago.

The problem arises seemingly with Javascript.  As mentioned, the javascript functions properly in the sim, but only the first time I fire those functions.  All subsequent firings of those functions work erratically and, sometimes, not at all.

I have looked around the forum and have read many references to javascript issues, but those appear to be related to older versions of the sim.

The functions in question are designed to generate options in Select lists on the fly.  The options generated are dependent on the user's selection from a previous list.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

As a sub-question, is there any way to arrange for an app to be tested on a real Playbook, as opposed to a sim, without actually owning a PB?

Thanks in advance.