Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Known issue: WebWorks SDK feature id white listing order sensitivity

Hey developers,

Here is some information about a new known issue recently discovered.  This problem is more of an inconvenience than a show stopper, but did want to bring it to your attention so you don't waste time troubleshooting a known issue:

Feature IDs must be defined in a specific order when used with version 2.0.0.4 of the WebWorks SDK in order for applications to recognize them. Otherwise runtime errors may occur as these types of objects may be 'undefined'. 

If you define both feature elements "blackberry.app" and "blackberry.app.event" then they must be defined in the following order: 
<feature id="blackberry.app" required="true" version="1.0.0.0" /> 
<feature id="blackberry.app.event" required="true" version="1.0.0.0" /> 

If you define both feature elements "blackberry.system" and "blackberry.system.event" then they must be defined in the following order: 
<feature id="blackberry.system" required="true" version="1.0.0.0" /> 
<feature id="blackberry.system.event" required="true" version="1.0.0.0" /> 

This issue has been reported to the WebWorks development team, and you can monitor its resolution using the developer issue tracker:

https://www.blackberry.com/jira/browse/TABLET-169

Sincerely,

Adam

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.