Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Leftover April 1st page in code signing keys request registration

[ Edited ]

I must say setting up for blackberry development is pain in the **bleep**, everything seems to be done in half hearted way or there is complete lack of QA team here is a screenshot of my attempt to code signing, and a short version of my problem

form deadlocking:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/srSppi-1Ku8Je7JonDgNLg?feat=directlink

I am not sure why problem like these are not addressed and required to be reddited to get some attention from RIM.

here is image uploaded to flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36001215@N07/5694182596/

Solutions: 6,350
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Leftover April 1st page in code signing keys request registration

Just a tip, those Picasa images are way too small for anyone to read. I don't see a larger view link.
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Developer
My Device: Curve 2 8530 and PlayBook (soon)

I agree. Is there anyway you can repost that image to be larger?

My Blog: DevGuy.org
My Apps: Dive Planner
1. Please give Kudos by clicking the Kudos star kudos star below the post that helped you..
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" that solved your issue.

Contributor

I have edited post as per your request
Solutions: 6,350
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

Ok, since this is a "stupid error" regarding an April 1 edition, what is the reference to April 1 you're making?
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

I don't know it seems it is not fixed yet, somebody may have left it over actual page, I am not able to request code signing keys, I am assuming it was meant as a joke because if not then somebody in RIM's QA testing is not doing enough or shall I say any work to make this page live there for so long.

just FYI that April 1st reference was meant as a joke if you still can't get it, and if I am still not clear, let me just tell everything to avoid any confusion

I submitted playbook app in february to Blackberry's app world and it was visible on the market, then I recieved an email from RIM that my app should be signed and if did not sign it then RIM's team will sign it for me, I thought they will take care of it, this week I received my blackberry playbook and was not able to see my app in the app world, so I though this might be because of this app signing thing, so I retraced my steps to come to connclusion that I have to sign my webworks app for which I require a code-signing key, the form I posted here is a request form for the same but I am from India and it doen't show states , so I assumed I have to lead it black which I did but it seems that form is constantly failing because of this error. I assume somebody in RIM will take care of it and solve this problem which may only be relevant to my demographic.
Contributor

the page is fixed now.