Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook, (STILL WAITING FOR Z!0 LE!!!!(
My Carrier: O2 CZ

MACOSX: bold9900 is restarted every time I reload application trough javaload

Hi,

my bold 9900 (7.0.*) is being restarted everytime I'm reuploading signed webworks application to device trough

/Developer/SDKs/Research\ In\ Motion/BlackBerry\ WebWorks\ SDK\ 2.3.1.5/bin/javaloader load OTAInstall/myapp*.cod

The application is successfully loaded but the device is being restarted. It happened to me in the past that I had to reinstall my phone as I was having white "no operating system error".

Is there anybody else suffering from this isssue?

Best regards

Lubos
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: MACOSX: bold9900 is restarted every time I reload application trough javaload

Yes this can happen whe building apps for the BlackBerry (Java) Smartphone device software. Its not always expected behavior, but it is not out of the ordinary for this behavior to occur.

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook, (STILL WAITING FOR Z!0 LE!!!!(
My Carrier: O2 CZ

Re: MACOSX: bold9900 is restarted every time I reload application trough javaload

Is there a way to minimize it? My experience is that it doesn't happen with first ever deployment of application.
Best regards

Lubos
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Personally, I see this when loading apps using Javaloader.  The OS tends to lock onto the process running the WebWorks app (I don't fully understand why - but it has to do with how the BlackBerry OS interacts with WebWorks apps - likely related to the BrowserField).

Can you try loading the app via Desktop Manager instead and confirm if that reduces the number of resets?

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.