Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z30/Z10/Z10LE/Q10/PlayBook

Messages like functionality and looks in Webworks

Hi all,

I am looking at developing apps for the playbook. I have developed software for other platforms and for websites, but have not created a Playbook app. I had a couple of questions. The questions have to do with the look and feel plus functionality of the Messages app on 2.0. I also want to make sure I am going in the right direction and hopefully the answers will help others who are new to this.

If you open the Messages app, you see three "blocks". If you were to do this in webworks, would this all be divs?

When you open up the accounts icon in the left most "block", everything gets moved. Could this accomplished by javascript? Is this a standard API function or does a function(s) have to be created? Is there an example of this anywhere? I have looked and didn't see anything.

Between the middle and right "blocks", there is a shadow. Is this just CSS?

Thanks in advance.

Ron

Retired
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Messages like functionality and looks in Webworks

You want to refer to the bbUI.js open source framework. This does native look and feel on BBOS 5/6/7, PlayBook 1/2.x, and BB10 all in one very fast framework.

https://github.com/blackberry/bbUI.js/tree/next

Tim Windsor
Open Source Technical Lead