Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
My Device: tour
My Carrier: verizon

Missing Download???

Am unable on several computers to download the web plugin. after clicking the download link it takes me to a blank page. Tried FF and IE. no difference.

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Missing Download???

[ Edited ]

I will talk to our web master to raise the issue.  Can you please specify the exact URL you are clicking on so that we can better track down the issue?

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
New Developer

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/developerdownload.do is the page it takes you too. I've also reported this to the support network:

RQST00008555789

Thanks!

Ryan

New Developer

Still no luck downloading. Any news??

Retired

Any chance you can Private Message me your location and IP address to see if it is a local area issue.

Tim Neil
Follow me on Twitter
Retired

I believe the url that is posted above will take you to the proper download based on your session.  Can you post up which tool you are trying to download so we can track it down further.

Is it the Visual Studio plug-in or the Eclipse plug-in full installer.  Can you post the URL to the page where you are clicking download?

Tim Neil
Follow me on Twitter
New Developer

It doesn't seem to matter what i try to download. Afte i click Download it takes me to a blank page. But here's what i'm interested in.

Web Plugin for MSStudio

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/contactFormPreload.do?code=DC727151E5D55DDE1E950767CF861CA5&dl=...

Retired

We have someone taking a look into this issue... For now can you take a look at the following steps and see if the part of step four will get you around the issue

1) Sign in on the following page:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/developers/devbetasoftware/eclipseplugin.jsp

2) Click on either of the “Download …” links for the Visual Studio or Eclipse Plug-ins.

3) Click on the download icon (since you’re signed in, then no need to confirm your details).

4) *sometimes* the result is a blank screen.  Otherwise you successfully get prompted with a download file popup window.  IN the cases of the blank screen, refreshing the page with the download icon seems to “fix” the problem, as after doing so no blank screen appears again.

Tim Neil
Follow me on Twitter
New Developer

Nothing. Neither FF or IE. Do you have a link to a direct download?

New Developer
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I also get a blank screen on the download page, after I clicked through your twenty million screens, registered 3 times (!?) and finally found the file I was looking for, after a completly confusing experience, the page is broken, and white in the content area where you would assume your file is...

I'm looking for the MDS / email package, so that your emulator actually does something other than look pretty, shame you didn't offer that as part of your simulator's download... erm, IA, QA, usability and user experience mean anything around here?

A direct link woulod be appreciated, as I have spent ages already just navigating this site.

Thanks,

Kindly,

Sebastian.