Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Mobile Website Image Size

Hello,

I'm trying to create a simple web page where I click on a link and it displays an image.  When I preview the image in my editor I can see it full size, but when I run the BlackBerry Simulator and go to the website the image is shrunk down, and I can't see the image clearly.  All I want to do is view the image in full size, I don't care if there are horizontal/vertical scroll bars.  Does the BlackBerry automatically resize images.  I'm using the BlackBerry 8300 Simulator.  Any help would be great.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Mobile Website Image Size

In order to optimize images for delivery across the wireless network and for rendering on the device, MDS resizes images to the BlackBerry screen resolution before delivering them. The user can still click the menu button and view the full size image, but it's going to be a two-step process.  IMHO RIM did this because it usually doesn't make sense to send a large image to a small screen.  Most poeple are good with this restriction/feature (depending on how you look at it) because they get fast first looks but can see the full image too if they want.