Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: AT&T

Multiple form inputs focused at once on Torch?

[ Edited ]

f I touch an element on my form, I can start typing information in that input.

If I then try to scroll via the trackpad, it will not scroll from the input I just touched and was putting data into. Oddly enough, it will begin scrolling from another element on my screen (whatever was focused before the touch).

Any way to resolve this?  Picture below...the input by casing pressure has focus from a touch event. The input beside starting gauge has focus from the trackpad scroll.

9800.png

9800.png

My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Multiple form inputs focused at once on Torch?

That is interesting.

Are you using the blackberry.focus API to programmatically set and/or move focus within your app?  From what you've described, it sounds like the touch action is not setting focus to the selected element as expected.  I wonder if this is due to an application conflict, or a bug with the browser rendering engine.

Are you able to reproduce this behavior in the browser application itself?

Last question, are you implementing explicit handlers for touch events in this app (TouchStart, TouchMove, TouchEnd) ?

Cheers,

Adam

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Developer
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Multiple form inputs focused at once on Torch?

Adam,

I'm not using the focus api or implementing any of my own touch event handlers. I'll make some time to test it in a browser and get back to you.