Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry BOLD 9000
My Carrier: Airtel
Accepted Solution

Need help in running sample PlayBook application.

Hi All,

I need help in running sample PlayBook application (http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/23979/Install_and_run_a_sample_app_tablet_1429...), I have done all the necessary environment setups for running PlayBook application. I have Windows 7 OS.

I need your help in compiling the application by using the following syntax:

bbwp <driveSmiley Embarassed<path><archive> [/s <path>] [/o <path>]

What should I mention in “<driveSmiley Embarassed<path><archive>” ?

At present I have mentioned .ZIP file name but its giving error "Invalid Webworks Archive".

Please suggest whats going wrong.

Developer
My Device: Huron 8800
My Carrier: IM3

Re: Need help in running sample PlayBook application.

It should be something like

"C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks Packager for PlayBook\bbwp\bbwp.exe" "build\YourArchive.zip" /o "build/" /d /v

"C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks Packager for PlayBook\bbwp\blackberry-tablet-sdk\bin\blackberry-deploy" -password pass -installApp -device 192.168.56.128 -package "build\YourArchive.bar"

Change the "build\YourArchive.zip" to your archive relative path to the active directory, or just use the absolute path. And don't forget to enable the development mode in your PB Simulator.

Hope this help..

Contributor

Thanks for immediate reply.

I have tried the way you have mentioned in your message, but no luck yet. Its still giving same error i.e.  [INFO]         Parsing command line options
[ERROR]    Invalid WebWorks archive - archive name is not valid

We used following command :

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks Packager for PlayBook\bbwp\ bbwp  "E:\BB Workspace\sketchPad_Eclipse.zip" /o "E:\BB Workspace" /d /v

Developer

Well, if you use that file, it will contains .settings folder and .project file by default. delete those files from the archive and recompile. It should work : )

Contributor

Hi,

Thanks alot, it worked. May I know the reason why we have to delete these 2 files?

Developer

Somehow, the compiler only accept the .html, .css and .js, and also avoid using hypen '-' in your file name, use underscore instead.

You could mark this issue as solved for other people reference

Thx