Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Retired
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Need someone to walk me through building to device.

The WebWorks 1.0 SDK is for BlackBerry 10 only, not BB7. You would need the SDK from this page installed as well: https://developer.blackberry.com/bbos/html5/download/

In the build script, there are 3 SDKS that you can put in - BBOS, Tablet, and BB10. If you put the location of your WebWorks 1.0 SDK in for the BB10 path, and set the script to build for BB10, it should work.

What device do you have with you?

For your other keys, was that the only error message or did the other keys also give messages?

Tim Windsor
Open Source Technical Lead
Contributor
My Device: Simulator
My Carrier: Simulated

That's weird, I though I had that version (This explains a lot)

I have downloaded the version, now I can sucessfully build. I call I get the error

[exec] Connecting to device...Error: unable to open port
     [exec] Result: 3

Though, how do I open the port on my phone

I have a Blackberry Torch 9860

This error was caused when I called

blackberry-signer -register -csjpin <csj pin>-storepass <KeystorePassword> <client-RDK-xxxxxx.csj file><client-PBDT-xxxxx.csj file>

I tried to sign the .csi files, using: javaw -jar SignatureTool.jar C:\SDKs (The location of my .csi files)

Then it says I need a .csk file, so I say yes to create a new key pair file, go through the steps, but then it doesn't do anything. I don't have any new files (in C:\SDK or in BlackBerry WebWorks SDK 2.3.1.5\bin)

Retired

Okay, now I'm starting to see what we need to do.

You've got it building for BlackBerry 10, and now have the keys configured for that, but your device is a BlackBerry 7 or BBOS phone. So, we need to get the older SDK and keys working to build for it.

We have had trouble with some versions of Java when trying to configure the signing keys. Which version are you using? I believe it requires Java 6, 32-bit and doesn't work with 7 or with 64-bit versions.

Also, you should run java, not javaw I believe. 

Tim Windsor
Contributor

I'm borrowing a BB10 device tomorrow.

Calling java -version gets me 1.7.0_51 but I have 6_29 and 6_45 installed, what would be the easiest way to switch to those?

I called java -jar SignatureTool.jar -r C:\SDKs but this time after I entered the password and providing random information I got a Signature Tool screen, I don't know what to do with this though.

Retired

Did you do that command with each of the .CSI files?

You can set the Java SDK that gets used when you call the Java command using the system path. I have a JAVA_HOME environment variable set to the SDK I want, and then added ;%JAVA_HOME%\bin to the PATH variable. You likely will have Java 7 somewhere in your path already, so you could change it or remove it and use the JAVA_HOME approach as I do.

You could just call it directly by using the absolute path to the Java 6 SDK java.exe file for this single step, but I don't think it will work that way for regular signing. Use the 6_45 version preferrably.

Assuming you've done this for all 3 .csi files, you might be ready to build for BB7 now.

Add the path to the WebWorks 2.3.1 SDK that you got here: https://developer.blackberry.com/bbos/html5/downloads/fetch/BlackBerryWebWorksSDK.exe, to the build Script in the BBOS SDK value, and try a build for BBOS.

Tim Windsor
Contributor

I registered the 3 files, but JAVA_HOME is already set to 6_45, building still was unable to open port.

Retired

That's because it's still trying to build and deploy with the BB10 SDK in the ant script.

Make sure you've configured the script so it has the right path for the bbos SDK and your signing key password, then configure the build.XML script to do a bbos production build.

Tim Windsor
Contributor

I have the SDK set correctly

<property name="bbwp.bbos.dir" value="C:\SDKs\BlackBerry WebWorks SDK 2.3.1.5"/>

Where do I set the signing key password?

Also is this the correct build call?

<target name="build" depends="build.deploy.bbos.prod"></target>

Retired

it should be at the top of the buildTasks.xml file in the property "sign.pw"

for the build call, you want "build.bbos.prod,build.deploy.bbos.prod"

Tim Windsor
Contributor

Alright, I must have already filled that out. With the new build call I get this as output:

build.bbos.prod:
     [exec] [INFO]      		Parsing command line options
     [exec] [INFO]      		Parsing bbwp.properties
     [exec] [INFO]      		Validating application archive
     [exec] [ERROR]     		Invalid application archive - resource name is not valid(tools/apache-ant-1.8.2/docs/webtest/gettest/.htaccess)
     [echo] Finished

build.deploy.bbos.prod:
     [exec] RIM Wireless Handheld Java Loader
     [exec] Copyright 2001-2009 Research In Motion Limited
     [exec] Connecting to device...Error: unable to open port
     [exec] Result: 3
build:

BUILD SUCCESSFUL
Total time: 2 minutes 42 seconds
[Finished in 163.1s]