Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

My Device: TabletOS2
My Carrier: Blackberry

New Developer - How Do I Open WebWorks?

I know this is a sily question, but how do you actually open it. I go to the CMD as told, but I have no idea what to do. My CMD starts off with "C:\Users\Ben A Morgan>", but I have no idea what to put after that. So, I moved the WebWorks file into my user file and tried it... nothing. I can't remove any of the text that's in there either which makes it a pain.

How do I go about opening WebWorks so that I can actually use it?

Developer
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: New Developer - How Do I Open WebWorks?

you dont open webworks.. you only use webworks to package your app...... you might want to get ripple if you want a user interface...

Developer for easyDial for BlackBerry Bold & inLink for BlackBerry PlayBook
Find me online via twitter, or on the techfruits.com webpage. Please hit the like button below if what I said helped!

ThankYou! So I was on a wild goose chase. Thanks, I'll let you know if I have any more obstacles.

Ben A. Morgan

OK, so I have Ripple and everything, but where do I go to add the code?

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

you dont you have to code it using a text editor (such as Notepad ++) save it as html.. put it in a folder (typically easiest way is to put it in drop box public folder and copy the link). Using that link you can paste it into Ripple and test your app. Basically the ripple interface is just a browser with the respective screen sizes. So you technically never have to use it.

To publish you app read this: https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/html5/documentation/ww_publishing/signing_your_tablet_app_191966...

You will need to have your own signing keys 

Developer for easyDial for BlackBerry Bold & inLink for BlackBerry PlayBook
Find me online via twitter, or on the techfruits.com webpage. Please hit the like button below if what I said helped!