Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

New user web development tutorial

Can anyone point me to a tutorial on how to build a basic web page application for the BlackBerry using the web development plugin in Eclipse?  Every link on the BlackBerry website that I have tried either leads to a missing file or broken link.  And, Google does not list any results in my searches for web application development, just Java development.

I have downloaded the Eclipse + BlackBerry bundle, and it is installed.  I've even tried creating a new "Static Web Project" in Eclipse.  But, when I attempt to run the project using "Run As...BlackBerry Web", nothing happens.  I have no "BlackBerry" menu in Eclipse; nor, do I have any "New Project" settings for BlackBerry.

Surely, it can't be this difficult to develop a webpage for a BlackBerry, right?  Man Indifferent  All I really want to do is have a simulator that I can run a webpage in for debugging purposes, as no BlackBerry but the Storm (9530) seems to run the JavaScript I've written that runs in other browsers mobile and otherwise.

Thanks for any help...

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: New user web development tutorial

Hi There,

To help us diagnose what may be going wrong can you list the following:

- Which version of the Eclipse Web Plug-in are you using?

- Did you install via the Update site or the full installer?

- What version of Windows are you running (XP, Vista, Win7) and is it 32 or 64 bit?

- Which version of Eclipse are you using?

This should help us get going in the right direction.

Cheers,

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
New Developer

I'm running Windows XP 32-bit, and the full installer version of Eclipse/web plugin are what is on the BlackBerry website at:  http://na.blackberry.com/eng/developers/devbetasoftware/eclipseplugin.jsp (3.4/2.0 beta1, respectively).

By the way, the link is incorrect when trying to access the web development site at http://na.blackberry.com/eng/developers/ .  I would consider that the "gateway" to development, and both links point to widget development.  Also, the tutorial PDF links at http://na.blackberry.com/eng/developers/resources/tutorials.jsp#tab_tab_web are broken.  Smiley Happy

I don't have any issues running Eclipse.  I just have no "New Project" that is designated as a BlackBerry web project.  The only option I could find was "Run As...BlackBerry Web Application" (or something similar).  And, that did absolutely nothing.

Thanks,

Neil

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Hi Neil,

One of our engineers thinks it could be a runtime issue.  Can you please perform the following tasks:

1) start eclipse

2) in the main menu, click Help->About Eclipse menu

3) In the About dialog, click the "Configuration Details" button

4) copy the entire content in Configuration Details dialog and post it up so we can take a look

Cheers,

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
New Developer

I cannot post the entire configuration, due to limitations of this forums (20,000 character limit in a post).  If there is something specific I can post to help in debugging the issue, I'd be happy to.  Just let me know which section(s) to post.

New Developer

[ Edited ]

Hi...

this discussion is worthful..

thanx for the posting!!

http://www.prodigyapex.com/