Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: -

Newbie questions - jquery + reveal plug-in

I have a couple of newbie-ish questions regarding jquery and the reveal plugin.

Up until now, I was just using straight html + javascript (and admittedly still very new at it), but figured I should get some of my apps looking nicer, so have been testing the jquery reveal plugin for some nicer pop up windows.

My first question is: are there any issues using reveal/jquery in BB10 or the Playbook? I haven't gotten around to testing it on any devices yet, but just want to check if anyone has noticed any issues with it, and if so, what workarounds to use.

And for the final compiling (this will be a very newbie question)... do I simply include the needed library files in my final build, and that's it? Are there any copyright issues or things I need to be aware of? I assume I just stash 'em in my main directory (with my htmls), and all is good, but want to make sure first.

Contributor
My Device: BB 10
My Carrier: -

Re: Newbie questions - jquery + reveal plug-in

are there any issues using reveal/jquery in BB10 or the Playbook?

I'm using a lot of jquery in my bb10 code and it works. It makes problems when you generate some dom on "onscreenready" event because you have to remember that all the operatons have to be related to the page that is not actually loaded:

Basically, this works in onscreenready

bb.init({
    onscreenready: function (element, id, params) {

//if(the page is blablabla)

$(element).find("#my-search-bar").val("hello");

}

});

And this don't: 

bb.init({
    onscreenready: function (element, id, params) {

//if(the page is blablabla)

$("#my-search-bar").val("hello");  //here we're still oprating on the old screen

}

});

I didn't had any other problem.

And for the final compiling (this will be a very newbie question)... do I simply include the needed library files in my final build, and that's it? Are there any copyright issues or things I need to be aware of? I assume I just stash 'em in my main directory (with my htmls), and all is good, but want to make sure first

I'm very curious too about this one.