Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

OS6 simulator for VS debugging?

I am using WebWorks Visual Studio v2.5.1.1 on VS2008 Windows XP.  Debugging on the 9550 Storm (v5.0.0.469) simulator that came with the SDK works great but I have not been able to find a single OS 6 simulator that does not give me the message: "Debugging is not supported on the selected Blackberry simulator".  I have tried 9800 Torch (v6.0.0.337), 9670 Sprint Tour (v6.0.0.407), 9650 Verizon Tour (v6.0.0.431), 9670 Tour (v6.0.0.436) and 9800 Torch (v6.0.0.227).  Is there one a currently available one I haven't tried yet that does support debugging?  If not, when will one be available?

Thanks!

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: OS6 simulator for VS debugging?

Hi scwebdev,

On OS6 there isn't built in debugging support.  This has been added to BB7 and PlayBook with the integration of Web Inspector.  We are trying to move the debugging of web content into more familiar tools for web developers (i.e. Web Inspector)

However OS6 is currently left out of this mix.  There are various tookits out there that will work for debugging on OS6 (winere, firebug toolkit) however they don't support JavaScript breakpoints.

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: OS6 simulator for VS debugging?

Ahh [sigh] - thanks for your prompt and informative response anyway!

I would think there is no more familiar debugging tool to ASP.NET web developers than Visual Studio (more so than Web Inspector/Firebug) but heck what does a Java-ignorant Microsoft lackey like me know...