Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

My Device: Developer
Accepted Solution

One simple help required

I developed one app using webwork sdk.  i want to publish my app. For that i need to sign my app.

i created token file. I tried to sign my app using ripple emulator. In its settings i saw two text boxes one is "signing password" i think its the password used for creating token file. Other is "Bundle Number". How to get bundle number?

What is actually bundle number? 

Also after signing process i wanna publish my app to blackberry "appworld". For that i must create one vendor account. i'm and individual developer. So according to blackberry i must enter my complete name as "Vendor name:" and this is visible with my app. Is there any way to avoid this? i mean i dont wanna display my actual name with my app, is there any way to do that? i wanna create some other username that can be used with my app. Is it possible?

My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: One simple help required

The bundle number is just a version associated with your application.

In your config.xml, you should have an ID specified along the lines of:
1.0.0 or

The bundle number is the 4th digit and the value in Ripple will override the 4th digit in your version. You should increment this when you create a release build (your overall version needs to increment; i.e. is larger than Otherwise BlackBerry World will not accept the application with an older version.

For the vendor name, the best place for that question would be vendor support (they're up to speed on all the specific requirements for account-based questions.)

Erik Oros | @WaterlooErik | eoros@blackberry.com | Developer Issue Tracker

If a reply has answered your question, please click Accept as Solution to help other visitors in the future.