Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Orientation change problem in devices with 7.0

Hi,

I have a problem with orientation change in my application. When I rotated device to landscape mode and then back to portrait, application view didn't get back to normal size, it remained zoomed in like in landscape mode and it required scroll.

To exclude a mistake in my application, I downloaded bbUI and kitcheSink sample application from github repository. I installed both apps on devices (9800 with 6.0, 9860 with 7.0 and 9380 with 7.1). I noticed that orientation change didn't work properly only on device with 7.0. On devices with 6.0 and 7.1 everything works correctly. Is there any fix for this problem?

BR,

Maciek

Developer
My Device: N/A

Re: Orientation change problem in devices with 7.0

I found I had the same issue in 7.0. I logged this on the issue tracker at the time.

https://www.blackberry.com/jira/browse/WEBAPI-225

Developer

Hi,

Unfortunately I have no permission to view this issue in jira. When I try to open issue I get message Permission Violation - You cannot view this issue because you are not the issue reporter or assignee, a member of the project group, or a member of the issue group and this issue is closed or in triage.

Could you give me some more information about this bug - status of issue, is there any solution?

BR,

Maciek

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Hi Maciek,

Can you share what is the <meta> viewport you are using in your app?

Can you also provide the exact version of the BlackBerry 7 device software you have running on your 9860?

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.
Developer

Hi Adam,

I use the following <meta>viewport: <meta name="viewport" content="initial-scale=1.0,width=device-width,user-scalable=no,target-densitydpi=device-dpi" />

Currently, I test application on 9860 with 7.0.0.598, but previously I also tested on 9380 with 7.0.0.557 and result was the same.

Problem is very simple to reproduce - please install bbUI or kitchenSink sample on device with change orientation support and OS 7.0.0.x.

BR,

Maciek