Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

gjw
Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Verizon

Our wi-fi is down and I need to deploy the app to the Playbook

Our router is down and with it the wi-fi.  I need to deploy the .bar to our test Playbook.

I found another post that implied when I have the device connected to the PC via USB I could find an ip address I could use on the Development Mode screen.

I have the wi-fi turned off. When I look at the Development Mode screen I see no IP address.

So the question "How do I deploy the .bar to the device without wi-fi?"

Also, I cannot tether to a phone.

This is important as our DSL is not expected to be restored for quite some time.

Thanks,

gjw

Retired
My Device: Superberry
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Our wi-fi is down and I need to deploy the app to the Playbook

You can try turning your computer into a wireless hotspot and connecting the PlayBook to it directly. Follow the tutorial on this page (if you can access it somehow Smiley Happy)

http://www.friendlybits.com/en/inf_tec_en/painless_wireless_en/convertingtohotspot_en/

Good luck!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Useful resources, food for the brain:
Web(Works) KB - http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-and-WebWorks-Development/tkb-p/browser_dev%40tkb
Developer
My Device: Z10, Q10, 9900, 9790, PlayBook,
My Carrier: T-Mobile UK, Three, O2, Orange, Sunrise, Swisscom

By development screen, you mean the one in the notification area, not the one in settings, correct?
--
Olivier - interfaSys ltd
Developing for BlackBerry 10 devices using the Sencha Touch framework.
gjw
Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Verizon

I didn't realize the icon to the far left was a Development Mode icon.  It looked like an icon of a man to me.  I need to get glasses.  At any rate using that icon the Development Mode screen does indeed have an IP address that you cna use to deploy to the Playbook without wi-fi.

Thanks

gjw