Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

PB - Issue signing application. "Barsigner error: no manifest"

I just recieved my set of signing keys for the Playbook and I am attempting to sign my application and resubmit it to AppWorld when I stumble upon this issue...

I successfully go through the signing set up process

blackberry-signer -csksetup -cskpass aFakePassword

blackberry-signer -register -csjpin somePin -cskpass aFakePassword client-RDK-someNumbers.csj

blackberry-keytool -genkeypair -keystore output_file.p12 -storepass aFakePassword -dname "cn=J. Mace" -alias author

blackberry-signer -verbose -cskpass aFakePassword -keystore output_file.p12 -storepass aFakePassword Noteworthy.bar RDK

Finally, when I run this last line, I get the error "Barsigner error: no manifest"

blackberry-signer -keystore output_file.p12 -storepass aFakePassword Noteworthy.bar author

has anyone seen this? I looked through this document of common error messages, but I don't see anything that helps. (http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/23959/Configure_app_signing_from_cmd_line_1463...

My Device: Red BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: PB - Issue signing application. "Barsigner error: no manifest"

Did you change the publisher element in your blackberry-tablet.xml file?

or may be that the dot  . don't like to this element ¿?

Josep Maria
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Well you have not mentioned if your are trying to sign a WEBWORKS or AIR app as the instructions are different for both. If you are trying to sign a Webworks app with AIR instructions it might be a problem. Just try these instructions for webworks apps:

Signing_Webworks

hope that helps

--------------------------------------------------
problemSolved() ? kudosPlease():kudosPlease();
Developer
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: AT&T

After some fighting with the signing process, I seemed to have successfully signed an application.

I had to run bbwp to generate the bar file, but it still fails on the code signing portion.

Next, I had to unzip the bar file and edit the manifest because the package-version had become messed up (Actually duplicated my app version to 1.0.1.1.0.1). 

Finally, I had to run Blackberry-signer to sign the now edited BAR file.

I've talked with Tim and Adam and the word is that my scenerio is an anomaly, so... cheers 

My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Yay!  Glad to hear.

The workaround that Jason has explained will certainly work, but is unfortunate and should not be necessary - the bbwp.exe utility should take care of signing for yo.

I still want to know why your bbwp seems to hang when calling the signing server.  I have never seen that happen.  Has anyone else experienced this?

Follow me on Twitter: @n_adam_stanley
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your app doesn't work? Use BlackBerry remote web inspector to find out why.