Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9320
My Carrier: Airtel

Phonegap Application with BES environment

Hi,

I have created a phonegap application which work in Android and Blackberry also. The application works perfectly when the blackberry device connects to WiFi but the app does not work when the device connects to BES. I use simple HTTP AJAX function to post and get response from the server. Can anybody let me know if I need to change any setting in BES or change application settings

Retired
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Phonegap Application with BES environment

Hi kiran2609,

When the device is connected to BES, and MDS Connection Service is configured correctly, all traffic will flow through your company network versus going directly over the mobile network.
So if the firewall is set up to reject certain hosts or ports your application uses, the app will behave in the way you've described.

Are you able to reach these HTTP hosts from within your company's firewall? (using a PC connected to company network).
Are you able to reach other websites from the device?

Not sure what the version of your BES is, but take a look at the 'Allow IBS Browser IT policy rule' - if this is false, all traffic will flow though MDS and WiFi browser when available.
You can find the IT policy guides for your version of BES here:
http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc