Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)
BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.
"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."
- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com
Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.
02-09-2011 02:52 AM
Ok ...must say - you got me side tracked from my other development work .. hehe
After breaking it ... I got it to work again .. see steps below:
After installing latest SDK's on WinXP VPC I got the errors discussed in this article.
Tried various things to get it to work, including:
- Using the install files that work on my Win& x64 dev PC
- Installing Java JRE & JDK
- Installing AdobeAir SDK
- etc ..
Anyway decided to check the dependencies on the jvm.dll and it seems it requires MSVCR71.dll which it could not find on my VPC installation.
Found the file in RIM's SDK's and in Java SDK's but not in Windows System or anywhere else.
Tried to register dll, but that failed
Copied DLL to C:\Windows\System32
Tried bbwp .... and it worked !!!
To be sure - renamed the file win System32 dir, and it failed again. - So quite sure that this fixed it for me.
Hope that helps ..
02-09-2011 03:46 AM - edited 02-09-2011 03:47 AM
Can't wait to try this tomorrow - if it works I definitely owe you a beer. Thanks for helping out I reall appreciate it.
02-09-2011 04:31 AM
You Rawk Heiko!!
Saved me what I imagine could have been hours and hours of time.
I don't know what the problem is, but I am running the alienware version of windows 7x64 home premium. It could be that some oem's don't come with this dll, but I think this should be put on the dev site so anyone else can find it.
+1 for a Linux build please
02-09-2011 04:35 AM
Tested - packaged and transfered to playbook vm - I've confirmed that it works flawlesly.
It's not just OEM versions of windows i've tried it on an OEM licensed version of windows at home and volume licensed and technet versions at work.
Anyway thanks Heiko for saving my life - now I can get stuck into the real work.
02-09-2011 04:38 AM
On the Dll Note:
Have you got Visual Studio installed ?
I would assume that if you do, then this dll (msvcr71.dll) and others would have been installed to your system32 folder. - and the problem would not occur.
But can't vouch for that.
02-09-2011 09:34 AM - edited 02-09-2011 09:35 AM
I've passed your findings on to our Dev team to see if we can incorporate a fix to this in an upcoming release.
Hats of to those who dug in to figure this one out. I tell ya... installations are a lot of fun every system is different in its own lovely way. Configuring test environments to replicate these situations is a real challenge.
Having people like yourselves dedicated enough to track down and figure out the issue is truely inspiring!
03-12-2011 04:47 PM
Nice to see this problem has already been solved for Windows. However, I'm facing the same issue than Ryan with Mac OS X (Leopard). (And it seems I'm not the only one.)
I have installed xcode tools from the Leopard installation CD.