Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Developer
My Device: Blackberry Bold & Pearl
My Carrier: Telecom NZ
Accepted Solution

PlayBook Error - Web Packager Exception Occured

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have been trying to compile a couple of applications for WebWorks, The first being a simple hello world style app, the second being the sketch pad example.

I was getting errors on my Windows 7 64bit machine but read that the SDK wasn't 64bit compatable so I have also tried it within an emulated version of Windows XP Pro x86. I have also set my JAVA_HOME path to the JRE directory within the WebWorks SDK directory.

The error that I am getting is as follows:

Error loading: c:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks Packager
for PlayBook\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll
[INFO] Packaging the bar file
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\hwtest\s\src\helloworld.swf (The system cannot
find the file specified)
at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
at net.rim.tumbler.file.FileManager.copyFile(FileManager.java:473)
at net.rim.tumbler.airpackager.AirPackager.run(AirPackager.java:126)
at net.rim.tumbler.WidgetPackager.go(WidgetPackager.java:154)
at net.rim.tumbler.WidgetPackager.main(WidgetPackager.java:80)
[ERROR] Air Packager exception occurred

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks Packager for PlayBook\bb
wp>

The file c:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks Packager for PlayBook\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll does exist

This VM was created specifically to try and get an app to compile.

The Adobe Air SDK is located at: C:\AdobeAIRSDK

The BB WebWorks SDK is located at:: C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks Packager for PlayBook and contains a bbwp and jre directory.

My bbwp.properties file contains the following:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<wcp>
<additional>-quiet</additional>
<java>C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks Packager for PlayBook\jre</java>
<wcp_template>AirAppTemplates</wcp_template>
<air_template>AirAppTemplates</air_template>
<tablet_sdk>C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks Packager for PlayBook\bbwp\blackberry-tablet-sdk</tablet_sdk>
<extension_repository>ext</extension_repository>
</wcp>

These directories both exist.

The BlackBerryWebWorksSDK.exe has a file version of 11.5.0.0

The AIR SDK version is: Adobe AIR 2.5 SDK

Any ideas? It's like hitting my head against a wall. I have tried it on two different OS's and I guess if that fails then I will boot up  my mac and give it a crack on there.

I've noticed other users with similar problems and have tried their solutions to no avail.

Cheers

- Ryan

Developer

Re: PlayBook Error - Web Packager Exception Occured

On Windows 7 I was getting the following errors (with the sketchpad_standard code):

C:\Users\C\AppData\Local\Temp\widgetGen.17680360781296875877694.tmp\WebWorksAppT
emplate.as(172): col: 30 Error: Access of possibly undefined property location t
hrough a reference with static type qnx.events:ExtendedLocationChangeEvent.

var url:String = qnxEvent.location;
                                                  ^

C:\Users\C\AppData\Local\Temp\widgetGen.17680360781296875877694.tmp\WebWorksAppT
emplate.as(26): col: 21 Error: Definition flash.events:LocationChangeEvent could
 not be found.

import flash.events.LocationChangeEvent;
                           ^

C:\Users\C\AppData\Local\Temp\widgetGen.17680360781296875877694.tmp\webworks\web
kit\WebkitControl.as(90): col: 29 Error: Access of undefined property LocationCh
angeEvent.

webView.addEventListener(LocationChangeEvent.LOCATION_CH
ANGING, locationChanging);
                                                 ^

C:\Users\C\AppData\Local\Temp\widgetGen.17680360781296875877694.tmp\webworks\web
kit\WebkitControl.as(91): col: 29 Error: Access of undefined property LocationCh
angeEvent.

webView.addEventListener(LocationChangeEvent.LOCATION_CH
ANGE, locationChanged);
                                                 ^

kit\WebkitControl.as(190): col: 68 Error: Implicit coercion of a value of type q
nx.events:ExtendedLocationChangeEvent to an unrelated type Object.

dispatchEvent(new WebkitEvent(WebkitEvent.TAB_LOCATION_C
HANGED, event));

^

kit\WebkitControl.as(197): col: 54 Error: Access of possibly undefined property
location through a reference with static type qnx.events:ExtendedLocationChangeE
vent.

var access : Access = config.getAccessByUrl(event.locati
on);
                                                                          ^

kit\WebkitControl.as(198): col: 30 Error: Access of possibly undefined property
location through a reference with static type qnx.events:ExtendedLocationChangeE
vent.

if (access==null && event.location!="about:blank" && !co
nfig.getProperty(ConfigConstants.HASMULTIACCESS))
                                                  ^

kit\WebkitControl.as(200): col: 11 Error: Call to a possibly undefined method pr
eventDefault through a reference with static type qnx.events:ExtendedLocationCha
ngeEvent.

event.preventDefault();
                                      ^

kit\WebkitControl.as(202): col: 27 Error: Access of possibly undefined property
vent.

Utilities.alert(event.location + " is not allowe
d", webView);
                                                      ^

kit\WebkitControl.as(205): col: 70 Error: Implicit coercion of a value of type q
nx.events:ExtendedLocationChangeEvent to an unrelated type Object.

dispatchEvent(new WebkitEvent(WebkitEvent.TAB_LO
CATION_CHANGING, event));

^

kit\WebkitControl.as(22): col: 21 Error: Definition flash.events:LocationChangeE
vent could not be found.

import flash.events.LocationChangeEvent;
                           ^

Loading configuration file C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry
WebWorks Packager for PlayBook\bbwp\blackberry-tablet-sdk\frameworks\air-config.
xml
[INFO]                  Packaging the bar file
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\C\AppData\Local\Temp\widgetGen.176803607
81296875877694.tmp\config.swf (The system cannot find the file specified)
        at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
        at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at net.rim.tumbler.file.FileManager.copyFile(FileManager.java:473)
        at net.rim.tumbler.airpackager.AirPackager.run(AirPackager.java:126)
[ERROR]                 Air Packager exception occurred

c:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks Packager for PlayB
ook\bbwp>

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

My guess that it is some kind of environment issue where your setup may have been outside the tested bounds.  I know it may seem that "it is a normal usual setup" but every PC is different Smiley Sad

I'll send the message to the development team to see if they have any suggestions.

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Developer

Thanks TNiel,

I appreciate it.

- Ryan

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

I was having a similar issue...

C:Program FilesResearch In MotionBlackBerry WebWorks Packager for PlayBookbbwp>bbwp C:TimeLogBeta4.zip
[INFO]                  Parsing command line options
[INFO]                  Parsing bbwp.properties
[INFO]                  Validating WebWorks archive
[INFO]                  Parsing config.xml
[INFO]                  Populating application source
[INFO]                  Compiling WebWorks application
[INFO]                  Packaging the bar file
java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "C:Program FilesResearch In MotionBlackBerry WebWorks Packager for Play
Bookbbwpblackberry-tablet-sdkbinblackberry-airpackager.bat" (in directory "C:UsersJustinAppDataLocalTemp
widgetGen.19087747171296956983759.tmpbin-debug"): CreateProcess error=87, The parameter is incorrect
        at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(Unknown Source)
        at net.rim.tumbler.airpackager.AirPackager.buildProcess(AirPackager.java:240)
        at net.rim.tumbler.airpackager.AirPackager.run(AirPackager.java:187)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=87, The parameter is incorrect
        at java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)
        at java.lang.ProcessImpl.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(Unknown Source)
        ... 5 more
[ERROR]                 Air Packager exception occurred

Thought may have been a file system issue because I had alot of subfolders for my scripts (jQuery) and CSS so I rearranged the file structure to just 1 images folder and 1 scripts folder and CSS in the root with the HTML. Now it packages fine with no errors Smiley Happy Hope this helps!

Justin

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

You have compilation error which probably is because you didn't set to use the correct tablet SDK:

"Error: Access of possibly undefined property location through a reference with static type qnx.events:ExtendedLocationChangeEvent.
                        var urlSmiley Frustratedtring = qnxEvent.location;"

it means you don't have these API in your SDK, so you probably use the incorrect version of tablet SDK.

And due to the compilation error, you won't get the .swf output, so you saw the error "java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\C\AppData\Local\Temp\widgetGen.176803607
81296875877694.tmp\config.swf (The system cannot find the file specified)".

By default, when you install the SDK, you don't need to configure tablet SDK because the installer will install and configure it for you, so probably there is something wrong with the installer, e.g. incompatibility with Win7 64bit.

You can also check out the bbwp.properties file under the bin folder and check whether it points to the correct SDK. There is chance you overwrote the SDK with a wrong one by yourself.

New Developer
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hello,

I had the same problem. I manage to fix it by changing JAVA_HOME environment variable from
JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_22

to

set JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files\Java\jre

Cheers,

-- Frederico Silva

Developer

Thanks Guys,

Still no luck.

So what I have done is installed a brand new version of Windows 7 32 on a VM on another workstation, this is a vanilla install who's only job is to compile WebWorks applications.

I downloaded a fresh download of the webworks SDK from here:

http://us.blackberry.com/developers/tablet/webworks.jsp

I downloaded a fresh download of the air SDK from here:

http://www.adobe.com/products/air/sdk/

I tried to run bbwp c:\projects\sketch.zip and recieved the same error:

Error Loading: C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry WebWorks Packager for PlayBook\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll

That file does exist.

I also downloaded the jdk1.6.0_23 and changed JAVA_HOME to reflect it - no luck

I then downloaded JRE6 (on advice of the poster above this) and changed the JAVA_HOME variable to reflect this - still no luck.

Could it be that there is a problem in the latest PlayBook SDK? I've tried it on Windows 7 64, XP 32 and Windows 7 32, on two different machines.

Developer

I've also installed webworks into c:\webworks\ just in case the full path was too long.

I modified the installvariables and bbwp property files to point at a different version of the JRE, to no avail.

I guess my next step will be trying to get it to run on a Mac.

Developer

Ok, I think I'm going crazy.

Just setup a brand new install of OSX Leopard on my Mac, downloaded the AirSDK for mac, and the WebWorks SDK for mac. All setup and installed fine.

I downloaded the demo application, ran ./bbwp and got the following error:

dyld: unknown required load command 0x80000022
Trace/BPT trap

I'm guessing its exactly the same problem as in Windows - in Windows its strugling to link to the Java library, I'm guessing its the same error here.

Am I missing a step somewhere?